Sunday 19 April 2015

Keeping things simple...

I have always said that I am all for the simple things in life - it doesn't take much to make me smile or keep me happy; anyone who can't keep me happy clearly doesn't know where the book store is for a start!  Buy me a book over flowers any day!!  

Anyway, I have adopted this attitude in other areas of my life recently, making sure to do all the things that keep me happy and make me smile.  It had recently been thrust upon us all that life is too short!  Anyone who lives close to me will have seen the news about the High School student that lost his life at the start of the weekend in a horrible accident.  He was far too young and life is extremely unfair - but you have to remember what they say - when in a garden, which flowers do you pick?  The best ones of course!  I didn't know the kid from school, but someone close to me did, and my heart goes out to his family and friends.  RIP!

I started with my last blog post, and I have stuck to it - I got out in the sunshine on Saturday with Jayne and we hit Rother Valley on our bikes...  We cycled all the way there, round both lakes once, and then around the small lake a second time and then all the way home again, back up the hills to the railway bridge!  I was so proud of myself because I made it all the way up the big hill on one go; granted I nearly died at the top - but I totally made it in one go, it used to take me about four goes!!  So my hard work is definitely paying off...  I estimated that we cycled around five miles in total - I had to take it easy on Jayne as it was her first expedition!  Next time we go harder!!

After having to guess the miles on the bike ride, I downloaded a new app to map my travels in the future and then went for a three mile walk with Callum later on in the night.  It was nice to walk around in the Spring air even though it had dropped pretty cold by then.  

In other areas of keeping things simple - over at Fantasy Stampers this fortnight, their theme is Clean and Simple, so I set to work deciding how I could keep an art journal page simple.  Here's the result - 
I enjoyed using one of mum's mask thingy's to ink up the steam punk background and then used the Inkylicious clear stamp - Imagine as my main stamp. 
I followed it up with the cute bunting from a set that I am getting quite fond of; Happy Day clear stamp set, and the little dickie bird in the bottom corner is from a set called Hot off the Press Inc freebie set.  I loved doing this page, however, I love making backgrounds, so in future I think I am going to steer clear of the plain and simple art journaling!

So this is my entry for Challenge # 34 - Clean and Simple - I can't wait to see what you make of it!



Till next time,
Louby xx

2 comments:

  1. You got the balance just right on this one for a Clean & Simple look - thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
    http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great - perfect colour mix and a really great CAS design.

    Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete