Wednesday 8 April 2015

Easter Bank Holiday Weekend

Well, where to start... To say that I have had a reasonably lazy bank holiday weekend, I have actually fit quite a bit into it too.  

I started out on Friday with lunch out with Jayne and Kelly and a wander around Meadowhall, we did the girly shopping thing but I only walked away with new pyjamas haha.  I can't complain, they're ace PJ's and they have my little lion on them.
Then in the evening, t celebrate the start of the bank holiday, we started watching the Fast and Furious series at home ready to go and see the new film at the cinema.  

Saturday I had an incredibly pro-active day, I was up early to sort out seeing a man about a job, I got some cleaning done, I enjoyed the start of the sunshine and I got crafty with Mum in the conservatory to sort out my entry into the Fantasy Stampers challenge this fortnight, for which their theme is Easter :)

So, this is what I came up with...
 I had a play around with Mum's Clarity Letter Box Stamps to create my scrabble tiles and used a freebie Happy Day Clear Stamp set to get the tiny numbers from to finish them off.  I'm not going to lie, it took me a while to decide what words to use and how to get them all to link... It's a good job I like playing Scrabble :)

My Easter Bunny is a Somebunny to Love stamp that I coloured in with pencil crayon, and he is in a flowery oval that I crated with another stamp from the Happy Day freebie set.  

The border, which I think is a little unclear on my photos, is quickly becoming a go to stamp - Field of Sky wooden block, which I used to leave the dotty frame all the way around the page.

I hope you like it - this is my entry for Challenge # 33 - Easter Time over at Fantasy Stampers.

Saturday night I found myself in an empty house as Mum and Dad were off out to a Wedding (which Daddy came back from a little tipsy and acting like a naughty little school boy) and Sammy was off out into town with her mates.  Now, I should have had company - and I suppose Ill let him off as seen as he phoned to apologise later on!! 
I spent my night with Pizza, chocolate and TV!  I finally got around to watching Into the Woods - which I'm not gonna lie; to say how much I love Fairy Tales and all the newer takes on them - I found this really hard going!  Then I moved on to Season 4 of American Horror Story - Freak Show - now this I highly recommend!  

Easter Sunday has become my little joke :)  Everyone who knows me and my sister knows how different we are even though we are so alike!  But get this - while I was out in the garden with Daddy, doing my She-Hulk impression, digging up the flowerbeds and shifting bricks and bags of soil while Daddy ripped up the old decking - what was Sammy doing?!  She wasn't outside with us getting her hands dirty and helping, no, she was cooking the bacon sarnies!!  Something not right there haha!!
After cleaning up and having a rest, I took my puppies out in the sunshine to play on the park where they met Brandy, Callum's puppy, and we had fun in the sun chasing a ball.  Lacey hasn't had that much exercise in ages - she was knackered bless her!!

Easter Monday we had a nice relaxed day, I did some more cleaning, some more crafting, I went for a wander with Sammy to the park with Benji and Lacey, and later on we went to play on the park with Fiona, Rachel and her little girl.  Was nice to see the park through a child's eyes again!  

And to finish off the Easter weekend, yesterday I got out in the sunshine in the morning with Pete and did just under twelve miles on the bike out in Sherwood Pines.
My exercise and determination to get fit is clearly paying off, because this was the first time in a while that he hasn't nearly killed me while we've been out - and he didn't exactly take it easy on me... And I totally find the strangest of things - I found the Gruffalo, and an odd Golden hand, that we could find no reason for... it was just there to confuse people I think.

And last night we headed for Playzone!!  Hysteria broke out in the car before we were even half way there, there was a MacDonald's trip and some really cheesy tunes on!  We had an ace time when we got there - got far too hot and ran around like big kids!  The reason we went of course!  There was a game of hide and seek that saw a couple of injuries - but what is a trip to Playzone without the odd accident eh?  At least there were no broken bones this time :p and a slushie fight that had everyone scattering back into the zone of play to take cover!  
Great night all round!  

Well, I think that about covers it - I suppose I should get up now ready for the skip arriving and then get ready to start digging!  Sammy has to come play She-Hulk with me today :)  I made sure that we had two wheelbarrows hehe!

Talk soon,
Louby x

1 comment:

  1. This is a fab layout - I love how you made a crossword with your Scrabble tiles. Thanx for playing along at Fantasy Stamper this time.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
    http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete