Thursday 30 July 2015

New possibilities...

It's been a while, I know - I'm sorry - I have a lot going on at the moment and I have now taken on something new!  Filling my life with positivity and all that to try and counteract some of the crap!  And I have to say that it is working - positivity attracts positivity!  

To start with, I have written my new short story!  It is almost through the editing process too - then it will be going online as an Amazon Kindle book!  Exciting times or what?!  I am like a small child in a sweet shop with how excited I am about it!  When it is up and ready to go I will post the link don't you worry about it - it will be everywhere I can get it!  I will put up a post on here, I will plaster it across Facebook and I will put a link to it on my Instagram page too!  I can't wait!!  
To add to this, I decided to do something a little bit different and have signed up for a Novel Writing Course online...  Exciting times!  It is just a way of generating ideas and hopefully getting some feedback on my ways of writing!  I figured it couldn't hurt, and it was at an amazing price!  Something to keep me busy when I find myself at a loose end.  It has no deadlines to it, so I can complete it at my own pace and see where it takes me.

I have stepped up my hours at the Co-op now, as anyone who uses the shop knows - I spend more waking hours there some days that I do at home!  There are no complaints from me, it keeps me busy, it is a good place to work this time around and it is bringing in the pennies to fund my new lifestyle as a writer!  Following the dream!  It's time that I pursued this properly if I ever actually want to get somewhere!!  So this is me taking that step!  

Despite the rain, I have gotten back to running, all be it with a little push and a new running companion...  Jayne, we need to go again!  See if I can still run all the way around Treeton Dyke!  So that is keeping me fit (Well sort of) - at the moment I am doing a better job of nearly dying than actually running - I left it for too long, it's like starting from scratch!  I will get there though.  We are running three miles around Rother Valley, I was running all two miles around Treeton, I am doing a poor job so far, but I intend to get running around the entire lake eventually!!  Give me time, I'll get there - I'm dedicated!  

I have got to see some friends too, and have more lined up to catch up with the ones I don't get to see very often.  Stacey came up for a night out not long ago and Sammy and I dragged out the guys from work!  Was a good night - too many cocktails, a lot of dancing and a serious headache the next day - I think I'm finally getting old haha!  

Vicksy has been knocking about a few times so I have gotten to see her a few times - I'm hoping that I have persuaded her to come play at the seaside with me at the end of August!  We'll see :)

And to come I am waiting on Pete for the adventures to start, and have several other things lined up including the family holiday to the coast next month!  Excited much!?  I can't wait - time to go play in the sea Sammy!!!

I am slacking a little on my usual photo taking - I'm not sure what's been happening... I have been out in town twice, been out a few times to the pictures etc and have taken little to no photos!  Not good!  I need to make up for it - starting tonight... So the work crew should beware!  We're off out tonight with employees old and new to celebrate one of our own retiring!  He will be missed!  I intend on taking photos - lots of them - you have been warned!

In my time recently I have also done a lot of doggy sitting, and I just have to share this...  Sammy and I watched Titanic on TV and when we heard this line it was one of those moments that just couldn't go by undocumented!  It was the perfect moment haha!

And on top of all that there is someone doing a very good job of keeping a smile on my face these days!  He knows who he is!  So all in all, life is pretty darn good!  And those closest to me know how much it means to be able to say that!  :)

Stay positive, and keep your eyes open for my stories!
Louby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment