Saturday 30 May 2015

Settled and comfy...

Well guys and girls, I hope you are comfy, as this one is set up for the long haul;if you make it all the way to the end in one go, I think you deserve a reward (and I may even make one for you haha!)  I hope that May has been good to you, I know it has been good for me - there is so much to talk about that I don't even know where to start!

I think I might be all topsy turvey and start at then end!  So here goes; I totally redecorated my bedroom over the last couple of days!  Yep you heard me - completely revamped, and I did it all by myself (with a little help from Daddy with the heavy lifting) but I did all the actual painting etc all on my own :)  I am so proud of myself.  All in less that forty-eight hours, my room was emptied, stripped bare, the bright walls that my sister had decorated in blue and lime green were painted over in white, and then I put cream and purple on the walls.  It was left to dry over night while I commandeered Mommy's bed (and by all accounts - totally star-fished haha) and then I spent Friday morning putting everything back and putting things away in their new homes.  There was hours of fun to be had revamping my bookshelves and moving all the books around haha! 
Unfortunately I forgot to take any before pictures - but most of you have seen the colours in some way shape or form from the photos on here - so you have a rough idea where I started - here is the finished room:
The bedding is an old set and I think is too dark, so I am going to buy new bedding, and hopefully curtains to match - watch this space. But other than that, I am well pleased with my efforts, and fell asleep all smiley last night surrounded by everything purple again :)

What else have I been up to over Half Term?!  Well, I think the better question would be, what have I not got up to over Half Term...  I haven't stopped lol.  I could do with another week off to recover from this week, never mind go back to work on Monday - But, there is no rest for the wicked!  Throughout the week, as we as working four out of the five weekdays at the Co-op, I have power washed the patio and cleaned up the back garden to go with Daddy's efforts with the decking - the gazebo is up - so the garden is now ready and waiting to be used; all we need now is some decent weather to get out there and sit in the sunshine!  I have helped decorate the dining room - it is now a lovely warm creamy colour to match the neutral colour scheme that is running through the downstairs.  I have been shopping with Sammy and accomplished one of my 'firsts' for this month - I totally bought skinny jeans!  She has been trying for years to get me into them, and I have been stubborn, but now, I am the owner of two pairs, and I have to admit, they are extremely comfy!  I have been to the cinema with Sammy too, we went to see Tomorrowland - not a bad film - would definitely recommend.  And lastly, to add another 'first' to the month - I have had my nails done yesterday :)  It is only gel nail polish, but they look awesome, and it is all shiny and black!  So yeah, I even fit having my hair and nails done into the week - a very busy week... from start to finish.  
Before the week officially started, I had also had an exciting weekend.  I had Friday off work as a day in lieu and Mommy and I went out for lunch and to the cinema :)  I totally took her to see Pitch Perfect 2 - Aca-amazing!!!  Epic film - we laughed the whole way through - will definitely be a DVD purchase for me, to add to my collection!
On Saturday, I had my first 'first' of the month when I went on the extremely long journey to Leicester to see Stacey :)  Now, you must be laughing, when I say long - 'it's only an hour away' I hear you say... Ha!  An hour - Four hours it took me to get there - four hours!  She should think herself lucky that she is important to me lol - An hour after leaving my house, I could still see the slip road at Junction 31 where I had gotten on the M1 - no joke!  An hour after that I had only rolled less that five miles!  There is only so much sitting still one person can do - I had listened to so much Halestorm that I had learnt the words to five new songs just from listening to the album on repeat!  Eventually, after several phonecalls and a lot of map reading skills on my sister's part - she found me an escape route using Woodhall services - the only problem there - everyone had gone in the services to have a stretch - the traffic in there was horrendous!  
Three hours after leaving the house, I sneaked down the service road at the back of the service station and made the hour journey to Leicester from there - By the time I got there my bum was so numb it was unreal! 

Once I actually made it to Leicester we had a great day - I met this little guy - Stacey's brother - who is awesome.  He has such a little character and we had a great day out at Bradgate Park where we had a picnic on the hill, went for a walk (while Hayden was on his bike) and then played hide and seek whilst exploring the ruins... The sun stayed out, there were plenty of laughs to be had, and gummy bears at the end of it all :)  
After dropping Hayden back home, we headed for a drink at the pub before watching Britain's Got Talent at her Dad's... and I have never watched a tv program in so many different positions - after the drive there and being active all day, I couldn't sit still - I think I watched half of it laid upside down on the floor!

Long story short, I can honestly say that it was worth the long drive there.

In other news - since my original attempt at jogging, where I managed to half jog/fast walk the 1.84 miles around Treeton Dyke in just under 24 minutes... I can now jog around pretty much the entire lake in 20 minutes!  I think losing four minutes in four weeks is pretty good going!  The next goal is to actually jog the whole thing and to continue to bring the time down :)  Slowly start to up the pace a bit, as at the minute, I swear my jog is slower than my walk!
I have rescued a cute little dog teddy from the charity shop the last time I was there, who is now sat in my car looking cute on the dashboard.  Everyone who has seen him thinks he is cute, and he has lovely blue eyes :)  Check out my Instagram for pictures (link is in the write up on the right hand side) - Oo, oo, and Sammy bought me a new pillow to match the definition of hug one that she bought me ages ago!  I now have a definition of love too :) both of which have pride of place on my bed with my little lion!  Speaking of my little lion - he has had some serious face time on Instagram lately - he's my little cuddle buddy at night - and I don't care how sad that sounds!  
By gum, I think that's everything - though I know that the minute I click Publish I will remember something else - but hey ho - I'm sure I will be updating again soon - I haven't forgotten that I need to get some of my new fiction scribbles up!  So, if you're still with me - congrats on making it to the end - I am now off for some Chinese food :)  Another first in a long time!  

Remember to check out my Instagram - and now my Facebook Page too Fantasy Craft Corner to see my latest makes and to get yours ordered - I love making these and can't wait to hear from anyone that wants one doing :)

Till next time,
Louby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment