Wednesday 6 May 2015

Distressed!!

Urgh!!  What i with all this rain?!  It's supposed to be Spring... We're in May now, time to ditch the rain and move forward towards the Summer weather - I guess someone forget to send that Memo to Mother Nature eh?  We got a good day for Mayday Bank Holiday Monday I guess - we should be thankful for small I suppose!  I got loads done too; a wander around Ikea with Mum and Dad (With Dad keep giving me static shocks off the trolley!) and we totally finished off the morning with Subways for lunch!  Naughty I know - but I made up for it when I got home - a six mile bike ride to Ulley Reservoir and back up Guilthwaite Hill on my lonesome 'cos Jayne totally bailed on me!  

Ulley wasn't as good as I'd hoped - it's not as far as the Rother Valley trip we do, and technically we shouldn't have the bike round the water areas as the paths are too narrow for passing safely.  So for now I'll stick to Rother Valley until I find another plan to try!  Might actually have to start loading it up and get some places new - maybe Clumber park :)

Anyway, after the bike ride I washed, dried, hoovered and cleaned both my car and Mum's!  By the time I was through with all that I was shattered!  After a lie on the bed I got changed into my onesie and planned to do nothing for the rest of the night apart from relax and watch Game of Thrones with Mum; I think I had earned it!  That plan soon changed too though when Sammy asked me to take her over the pub to see Fiona!  Instead of all the running back and forth, I totally stayed to watch Game of Thrones with Rach - she even supplied the chocolate!  And yes - I totally did all of that in my onesie!!

And to the point now - over at Fantasy Stampers this week it is the Distress It challenge.  This was another one that I didn't really know what to do as the art journaling doesn't really hold much scope for that kid of technique.  However, when have I ever let something like that stop me?!  I raided Mum's stash of Distress Inks and got started.  I am quite proud of my final piece!  It is something a little bit different; which I am always open to!   

I played with pink Distress Inks and several stamps from the Stamping Up - Gorgeous Grunge kit to create my background and then used Stamendous' Cling Rocking Horse as my main feature.  Again, I attempted something a little bit different and used the Distress Inks to colour in the stamp!  This is a technique that I have now quickly grown to love and have used in absolutely all sorts since!!
To finish off I used a sentiment from Mum's stash 'We do not remember days... We remember moments' and then got creative with the beading to decorate the background!  

Overall I love this one, and may have to do something similar to frame for my bedroom wall!  If I do I'll be sure to post it for you to look at.

So there it is - my entry for Challenge # 35 - Distress It over on the Fantasy Stampers Blog Challenge.  Head over there to check it out and have a go for yourself - I love seeing how many different ways one phrase can be interpreted!  

And on a final note - head over to FantasyCraftCorner on Facebook to take a quick look at my new crafty page.  I felt it was time to let the world see my makes - I am loving creating the Name Frame backgrounds at the minute - so check them out and give me a shout if you fancy purchasing one for yourself or a family member or friend!  All makes are one of a kind and are made to customer specification!  So let me know what you have in mind, and I'll have a go at creating it!  

Hope to see some of you there,
Louby xx

1 comment:

  1. You are starting to put me to shame! I love this one - thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
    http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete