Sunday 2 February 2014

February already...

Well, it's February already!  I'm not going to lie, I fully intended on writing this post yesterday, but the time that I intended on writing it; I fell asleep!  I had a busy day!  Give me some credit...

I feel like I should start back at the beginning of January with this post, I was going to 'review' the month so to speak... but logic has never really been my thing; so I'm totally going to start with the last couple of days!

Friday was a pretty awesome day - it started with my mom finishing reading my edited draft of my book, and quote; she thought 'it's amazing' :) so that was it - smile was non removable from my face for the rest of the day!  After work, I went to get muddy and fetched Rosie in because of a tight schedule and the plans to go and pick up Vicky's new baby!  Yes, after a full day's work, we packed up into a rented horsebox and drove all the way to Leeds to bring Mollie home!  
And of course, a journey like that would not have been complete if Vernon didn't tag along for the ride!  




He had fun playing at the wheel, and he even got treat to Burger King on the way.  (Check out #Vernonsadventure on Instagram to see the other places Vernon has been in January, and to see where his adventure takes him in February) All my own photographs!

When we finally got back to the farm, like the softies we are, we stood for nearly an hour in the cold while Rosie met her for the first time and they decided whether or not they liked each other... I think it went well... There was a little asserting of authority but all in all, I think they liked each other.  



To be sure, we had a proper bonding session yesterday!  Vicky got me up at the crack of dawn, after returning the horsebox, so that we could get up to the yard to measure Mollie up for all the bits and pieces she needed for us to go out riding!  After lots of measuring and a trip to the horsey shop, we were ready to go :)
With only a vague idea of where we were actually going, we set off in relatively lovely weather, in our fancy new hi-vis vests that I bought because I was convinced that me riding a dark horse in a black hoodie was pretty unsafe!  And if I was going to wear one, then so was Vicky!!


Of course mine was going to be Pink!!  :)


So off we toddled, we went for a play in Smallage Woods, got nice and muddy, and then we went for a wander down into Aston and turned up on my mum's front doorstep so that she could say hello.  They got spoiled with apple and had lots of loves before we took a steady walk back through the village and back into the woods.  There was some playing, and an incredible energy burn near the end, that of course I hated :p (yeah right) I loved every minute of the four hours we were out!!  Four hours... I had muscles hurting that I didn't even know existed!  We reckon we covered nearly seven miles!!  I bet the horses slept well... I know I did.  Home - shower - nap!  That nap was the time I meant to get this blog post done, instead it had to wait till now, a lovely sunny Sunday morning!  (Well, it was morning when I started writing it anyway!)  
And then to finish off the day yesterday, I spent the evening out with the girls from work for a birthday celebration.  A night in the Mason's in good company, and with decent(ish) music... I say this because Evanescence actually got played... but so did a lot of Britney!!

But I digress... back to January!  I have had a pretty awesome month... and guess what?!  I'm still with my New Year's Resolutions!  
Live life for me;
Do what makes me happy!

I am very happy, I am living my life the way I want to, and making sure that I take lots of pictures and make lots of memories along the way!  I managed to go the entire month with no sweets (chocolate not included - that's another month's challenge) and I kept up my Instagram challenges.  

#vernonsadventure has tagged in at five different destinations... I plan to scrapbook his adventure so far - I will look into putting pictures up of that when it is done... and remember to keep an eye out for his travels in February!  
#mycrazyreadinghabits shows just how much of my time I spend with my nose in a book as I am on my sixth book of the year, plus the book my Year 10's are reading at school, which I am reading with them in class.  I will continue with this throughout the year to prove just how much I do read - as I'm sure no-one ever believes me when I say i can read a book a week!  

Me and the sister are still swimming - granted we didn't quite keep up the three times a week thing, as funnily enough we both have lives... But we have managed at least once a week, but more often than not, twice a week all month!  So that will continue.  Can I feel any difference?  Well, I can swim for longer without feeling like I'm about to die, but I'm not seeing any difference.  I haven't gotten on the scales to check, but then again, I said right from the start, my weight isn't really my issue... It's more about my figure and fitness, so it seems kinda a moot point.  We'll see, surely there will be noticeable change eventually, and I'm sure I'll be shouting it from the rooftops, so you'll find out! 

As for my aim of the year... my book is coming along fantastically!  As I mentioned at the start of this incredibly long ramble of a blog, my mum has just finished reading it, so I am well underway with my final edit!  She's even managed to bring me around to her way of thinking on something that I thought I would never change my mind on!  So it just proves once again, that mothers are always right!  :)  It's a good job I love her hehe!

With that said, I think it is time I started on my to-do list... I have a million and one things to do, most of which I know for a fact that I won't even attempt, because as soon as I sit down with my editing, I won' see the light of day again until mum comes and drags me away from it!  So I guess I should get on with some of those things before I get sat down in front of my story!

Enjoy February guys :) till next time
Louby x


No comments:

Post a Comment