Saturday 15 August 2015

My photo skills are back!!

Well my days, August is flying by and I have crammed so much in already it's unreal, and there is still my holiday to come yet!  So, I decided to write up August up to now, as at the end of the month I will be rambling on about the caravan and Thornwick!!  

Where to start?!  Well, to put into perspective just how much I have managed to do these last couple of weeks, let's start with the fact that I have worked over sixty hours in August so far!  Not bad to say that I only have an eight hour a week contact eh?!  I'm pulling more hours now than I was at school with a full time job!  I'm not complaining, I'm hoping it al pays off in the pay check, and I am filling any and every spare moment with plenty of exciting adventures!  I started last week with my three days off and I escaped to the seaside for two of them! 
On Wednesday Pete and I headed for Robin Hood's Bay, though after some serious traffic and Pete's stupid sat nav taking us on the most obscure journey ever, it was mega busy, so we tootled up the road and went into Whitby for a play on the beach instead. I got to see the Abbey from a different perspective, and got to thinking about seeing things through other people's eyes.  It was quite nice to go somewhere that is pretty familiar to me, but with someone who I had never been with before, because you got to see it in a whole different light.  
We went for a walk on the beach and I got to splash in the water, and we wet in search of the fossilised crocodile that is supposedly on the beach!  Did we find it?  Well that is up for discussion - can you see it?  We thought we could, but then again, it could have just been a pretty pattern in the rocks...  


At the end of the day we went via Robin Hood's Bay for a walk down the hill and onto the sand.  We had a nosey in a few rock pools and then looked in the gift shops on the way back up to the car.  I eve bought ice creams at the top.  That hill is no where near as steep as I remember it to be - I think it was all about perspective!

The following day I drove out to Mablethorpe to see Dean, and to meet his parents and 'the boy'.  I think it went well.
After the introductions, Dean, Jacob and I headed straight for the beach and played in the sand, and in the sea!  My God was it cold at first, but we soon acclimatised, and I ended up soaked (fully clothed of course) - Then when we had buried each other, chased each other up and down the beach and exhausted the splashing wars, we dried off and got changed before heading into Mablethorpe.  We went out on a pedal boat and Dean proved that he needed 'L' plates to drive a swan, we played crazy golf, (and I'm not gonna lie, Jacob and I cheated) We had chips for lunch, we played in the arcades and won Jacob some tickets and then we scarred him for life by taking him to the fair.  He wasn't a fan of the Waltzer I'll tell ya!  He liked the Twister though - so I guess I'll let him off.
After some time at the caravan and tea, Dean and I went for a walk down the sea front and watched the sun set - pretty romantic I'd say!!   :) 



It was an awesome day, and I think it went well!

The adventures continued on Sunday when Sammy, Stacey, Hayden and I headed for Flamingo Land!!!  
We had an amazing day, scored some beautiful weather, went on some crazy rides - Hayden even managed to get Sammy and I on a ride that we hate!  He has one of those faces that you struggle to say no to!  Haha.  It wasn't quite as bad as I remembered, but I still wouldn't be rushing to go on it again!
 We saw the Sea Lion show and I was in awe on Merlin!  I had no idea that they were so clever and so strong - he lifted his whole body weight off the platform on his front fins!  And his seal impression was hilarious!
And to add to our geek factors - Sammy and I got ponchos to go on the log flume!  People were drenched coming off the ride, it was hilarious to watch from the queue.  I stayed pretty dry, my poncho tactics were on point - Sammy on the other hand failed miserably!  She was soaked haha!  I didn't laugh - much!

By Monday I was knackered from all the driving, but got to spend another day at the seaside, this time with the family and my puppies!  We had a great day in Skeg, played on the beach, went for a walk, had chips and ice cream and even got Daddy on the Waltzer!
Talk about kill or cure - I've never know one where the car spins the same way for the entire ride, and with some decent force!  We couldn't walk straight by the time we got off again!  Haha - loved that Daddy came with us though :)

Thursday after work, Sammy and I went out with Dean.  We went bowling (I lost miserably) we played in the arcades, we had some tea and then we went ice skating.  We did good!  No-one fell over, not even Dean, and he even picked up some speed by the end!  I still can't go backwards though - it's proving more than my bad co-ordination can handle!

And to bring us up to date - Dean and I went for our first proper adventure on Thursday!  We picked a place that neither of us had ever been before and just got in the car and went for it.  
We went to Old Mother Shipton's Cave and had a lovely morning walking around the grounds and taking lots of silly photos with all the props and carvings there.  Not gonna lie, the 'cave' was a bit of a let down to us - it was just a hole in the wall... but the wishing well and the petrifying waterfall were beautiful.  I had to read all the boards on the way around the nature trail and the story behind Old Mother Shipton is pretty cool to be honest.  After a walk around Knaresborough we got back in the car and ended up in York where we went for a walk around in the afternoon sunshine, spent some money in the market, had some lunch and took some more photos before heading back to Deans for movie night!

And then I have put in some more hours at the Co-op!! Busy, busy busy!  I have a half five start in the morning too - what is that!?  I had no idea there were too five o' clocks in one day!!  Not right!  Anyway, I think there are enough photos there to say that I have kicked it back up a notch with the photo taking when I'm out and about haha!  

One last one though - if you haven't already - go buy the first part to my book from Amazon and get reading!  I'd love to hear some of your opinions, and feel free to leave reviews on Amazon itself!

Till next time,

Louby xx


No comments:

Post a Comment