Wednesday 25 March 2015

Roll on Spring!!

The sun is shining, the clouds are clearing, the weather is most definitely improving... That can only mean one thing... Spring is here :)  I feel better already; it's amazing what a little bit of sunshine can do for a girl's mood!  Well, that and a good dose of happiness!

Anyway, to the point... Over at Fantasy Stampers this fortnight, the theme is obviously 'Spring is in the Air.'  Right on cue for the Spring Equinox, completely unplanned I'm sure! *Cough cough* Whatever!! I'm sure Mommy dearest knew exactly what she was doing; OCD definitely runs in this family!!  Like mother, like daughter - I wouldn't expect anything less.  Oh and hey, did you all see the 'Celestial Phenomenon'?  The Spring Equinox fell in line with the Solar Eclipse and the Supermoon back at the end of last week causing wonder and amazement.  I'm not going to lie, I even went for a look!  Took the kids with me at school and stood telling them that it was a Special Moon - they weren't in the least bit interested... but I liked it :)
Obviously as I was with the kids, I couldn't take any photos, not that we could have gotten any decent ones anyway - yes we tried on the Ipad!  So I stole this screenshot from the video in the article in the Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3004075/Not-just-solar-eclipse-Today-sees-THREE-astronomical-phenomena-place-supermoon-spring-equinox-align.html) - No Copyright intended.

So... back to the crafting... I took the theme for Spring out of it's box and decided against any bunnies, lambs or chicks.  Instead I found a beautiful quote by Anne Bradstreet which I took as my inspiration and went for something completely different.  

I used a Spring colour scheme and played nicely with Mom's stash of Distress Inks to create the boxed background and then had fun with the stamping to give the effects in each box.

I got through a multitude of stamps including of wooden block stamps; Field of Sky, Scribble Background and a text background. I also used my new Kaisercraft Sketchy clear rubber stamp, and Inkylicious' Waterdrops to get the effects in each box (along with some bubble wrap and foil mesh.)





The final product...


My entry for Challenge # 32 - Spring is in the Air over at the Fantasy Stampers Challenge Blog.

Till next time :)
Louby xx

1 comment:

  1. Fab quote and great background stamping - thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete