Tuesday 24 February 2015

Pretty in Pink

Well this seems to have come around fast... I have been playing very nicely since the P.S I Love You challenge (of which I received 3rd Place for) and have done plenty of art journaling.  

The challenge over at Fantasy Stampers this fortnight is 'Pretty in Pink' and it took me forever to decide how to interpret this into a journal idea that I wanted to create.  I started off with flowers and a pretty quote by Alfred Tennyson - 'If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever' - the page would have been very pretty and very girly, and the more I thought about doing it, the more I knew that it wasn't me.  Don't get me wrong, I love pink as much as the next girl; but the whole pretty flowery thing just wasn't going to happen...

So after a rethink and some digging through Mum's stash of stamps, I had a brilliant idea - and hey presto...


Of course; it had to be fairies!!  I love how this one turned out, though it was very different to how I first imagined it... I played nicely with my new water colours to create the pink background and used white acrylic paint to create the circles that made up the bottom of the page.  
The stamp that runs across the bottom is an Indigo Bloom foliage stamp that I experimented with to get some depth to the page.


The fairy silhouettes are from Mum's stash and were a magazine freebie that she had lying around, and the Dovecraft alphabet letters are one of my original purchases.

I then played nicely with some Zendangling - using some of Mum's images as inspiration, to go across the top and tie everything together.  

So there we have it - my entry into Challenge #30 - Pretty in Pink over at Fantasy Stampers.  

I plan on getting some of my other creations on here shortly, I have just had a lot on these last few weeks, and am now back at work - so bare with me... 

Louby x

2 comments:

  1. Hi I love your journal page and the story of how it came to be created. You are lucky to have a mum with so much crafty stash. Do you enjoy creating together? Thank you for joining in the with the challenge at Fantasy Stampers. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie,
      Thank you for your comment :) Mum and I are very different crafters as her work is more paper crafting, where as I only dabble in the art journaling; but our desks are in the conservatory together, and I love sitting in there with her so that I can bounce ideas around and hear her thoughts. And I love to watch her craft, I get so many of my ideas using her work as inspiration :)
      Louby x

      Delete