Friday 6 February 2015

P.S. I Love You

Well, after a rather hectic week; plenty of drama at work, Toby's second needle at the vets, a flat out spin to sort out a new car after me and Daddy messed up with the MOT date and then insuring, taxing and collecting said new car, I have finally sat down to sort out my entry for the Fantasy Stampers challenge this fortnight.  

As I said in my last post, I did redo the art journaling page as I wasn't happy with the outcome of my first attempt.  So, here is my masterpiece :)






I am so happy with the outcome of this one! Even down to the background turning out better than the first attempt.  The quote is taken from the film P.S. I love you, and is one of my favorites from the entire film.  
The Santoro's Gorjuss Girl stamp; The Lost Heart, is one I borrowed from Mum's stash, and the scrabble tile LOVE stamp is one of my first buys.  It is a Dovecraft clear stamp that I figured would come in plenty handy.





So, here is my first try.  I am entering this into Challenge #29 - PS. I Love You over at Fantasy Stampers and I can't wait to hear your opinions!  


For anyone following my Instagram account, there is my second masterpiece - a Meat Loaf inspired piece that I am also very proud of.  Since both of these pieces I have a small stash of new things to play with - so look out for my next journal page :)

Louby x

3 comments:

  1. It was definitely worth the second try - you did a great job! I love the lettering around the edge to make the border. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers and good luck.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in how you cdreated your grungy background, I do like your text and the writing around the project. A very good project. Thanks for sharing this with us at Fantasy Stampers. Caz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cazro,
      Thank you for your comment; my background is quite simple really. As one of my first attempts, I didn't have much to create my backgrounds with, so it is just dampened tissue paper to let the ink bleed onto the page, and then removed as many times as I wanted until the page was covered. :)
      Louby xx

      Delete