Sunday 2 November 2014

Happy Halloween



I know I'm a couple of days late, but you know what they say; it's better late than never!  

Well, half term is over.  I have crammed so much into the week it's unreal.  Going back to work for a rest I think!  Lol.  

Monday I caught up with Jude and had drinks and biscuits while we put the world to rights!!  We talk about all sorts in the short time we see each other every now and again!  Definitely need to try not to leave it as long between each time in future though - catching up on a whole eight week half term was exhausting!!

Tuesday Sammy and I went shopping with Jayne and spent lots of pennies!  We had a lovely wander around The Range and Meadowhall, and rather than window shopping, I started my Christmas shopping and then we went for Subways - who wants windows anyway eh#?!
After our shopping spree I went to Tara's and we ventured into Barnsley to Physcho's Den to see Tara's friend to get tattoos!!!  I have a jigsaw piece now - to represent all the pieces of my life falling into place, and Tara has a piece that fits into mine :)

Wednesday proved to me that when I put my mind to something, I can accomplish them!  Having organised a bike ride with Pete, and left the decisions up to him on where and how far, I had no choice but to put up and shut up when it came to the hills (I swear he was trying to bump me off)!  
We went to Upper Derwent Valley and headed out around the Derwent Reservoir... and the Ladybower Reservoir!  12 miles!  Yep you heard it right - 12 miles I cycled... and there was more than one damn hill, despite what Pete kept telling me!  
Vernon came too, and enjoyed the views without ll the hard work :)

... And we found the awesomest sign ever - yes I have invented that word!  
How epic is this?!   >>>


Thursday saw a day relaxing with Rolo while I waited for the Virgin Media guys to show up at Tara's to fit the Wi-Fi!  We watched Eight Below - I cried like a baby all the way through!  We had some cuddles, watched some TV and I played on the internet with the newly founded internet once it had been fitted :)  Then Tara and I went shopping for an Apple TV box so that we could curl up and start watching the second season of Orange is the New Black.  

Friday - The day itself!  Happy Halloween!  Sammy and I got up nice and early and set off for Whitby!  Yep, goth weekend managed to land right on Halloween this year because it was on a Friday!!  My little pile of scrap metal made it all the way there in one piece bless it, and then we went to explore!  We met Vicky there and headed off to check out some of the awesome costumes there this year!
We went for a walk around the market and Sammy drooled over some Creepers in the shoe place.  We priced up outfits for next time - yes we are planning next year's already!!  Then we went for a play in the arcades and found some ducks!  Vicky added to her already huge collection, and Sammy got excited over a skeleton duck!!  

I spent money on a new Gorjuss bag and then we went for some lunch before the hike up the Abbey.  We climbed all 209 steps up to the Abbey before deciding that it was a little expensive for Sammy, and that we would do it properly next time and go exploring then.  We also managed to squeeze in a quick walk on the beach!  Vernon came too, though he has seen Whitby before, he still had to sneak along for the memories :)  All in all a great day!  I love Whitby and I love Goth Weekend! 







Friday night Sammy and I went to pick Tara up to go and see Ouija at the cinema.  It was pretty good, much better than The Babadook that Tara and I had seen earlier in the week as far as horror movies are concerned.  And then after taking Sammy home, I surprised Tara by staying at hers over night ready to spend the day with her on Saturday!  

Saturday Tara and I had a very lazy morning before getting ready for Jamie's Halloween Spooktacular party.  We did our shopping, baked a cake (only to forget to take it with us later) and then spent forever getting ready with our great outfits!  
Tara went as Billy the puppet from the Saw films, and I adjusted my Fallen Angel outfit from last year, added some different make up and face paint to create the 'thrown out of Heaven' look, and hey presto - this years Halloween costume! 


We looked good - even if I do say so myself!!


And then today; Sunday, a lazy morning, some crafting this afternoon, a visit to my Grandad's and then a trip to the yard with Mommy to bring in Rosie and Mollie, before snuggling up on the sofa with sausage, egg and chips for tea and X Factor on TV!!

Bring on November - follow my Instagram for some November fun withe the picture a day challenge!  Let's see what randomness that brings - and I'm sure I can find one for December too :)

Louby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment