Thursday 1 May 2014

Doesn't time fly...

Wow, how the time goes quickly - where is this year going??  It doesn't seem five minutes since the last time I was writing one of these for the end of last month!!  I pulled off what I said at the end of the last one though - I most definitely upped my game - I have so much to write about for this month that I have no idea where to start.

Well how about I start with some of the things you already know... If you're following me on Instagram then you will be familiar with 99happymoments :)  Yes, I followed the craze and of course put my own little twist on it - I have managed to post every day, and I am trying hard not to repeat ideas too, so for example, I used the pretty blue sky as one of the days, I won't be using it again; I kinda want them all to be a little bit different.  Challenge accepted!

The beginning of April saw Vernon getting a new friend -Vicky fell in love with a hand made bear when we went to Arrow Farm and walked away with Felix :)  From then on the two (and us of course) have had all sorts of fun getting up to mischief and being as random as possible.











I posted briefly, about what was (up to that date) the most spontaneous I had proven to be, when I went to Cleethorpes, and was very impressed with myself at how little planning and thought had gone into it :)  Terry and I had chips on the beach, played in the arcades and went for a walk on the sand.  Vernon sneaked along too of course and got in some photos - although it was Terry who photo-bombed him, not the other way around...  We even laid and looked at the stars for a bit and Vernon had to get snuggle in my hood because it was getting colder. 

The following adventures are in the last blog post - My trip to Horncastle to see Momma and Squeak, my horse riding antics, of which I haven't done any more yet as the bruising on the bottom of my back has only just disappeared, and the most amazing act of spontaneity yet - the trip to Bolsover Castle!

The day after we went out again - a little more planned, but not by much - and visited Kirkham Abbey - a beautiful little set of ruins out in the middle of nowhere!  We even managed to score a decent day weather wise and enjoyed playing on the ruins.  Vicky even found a hill to roll down!


The second week of the Easter Break was spent decorating at home - we painted all of the ceiling, white work, walls and skirting boards in the lounge, stairs and landing... My sister and I both made the decision that when we move out we plan to move to bungalows after discovering just how painstakingly annoying painting skirting boards on the stairs can be... and i managed to get white paint on my elbows - how you may ask??  I haven't got the faintest clue!!

Then to round off an awesome holiday - it was Whitby Goth Weekend... Vicksy and I (and Vernon and Felix of course) went to the caravan for the weekend and spent Saturday in Whitby enjoying the scenery, costumes, and even the weather!  Granted it got a little blustery as the day went on, but it still wasn't horrible. 
On the Friday we ended up in Scarborough where Vicky played in the sand while I wrote in it :)

On the Sunday we went to one of my favourite places in the whole world - Thornwick Bay :) my little piece of heaven!


We spent ages down there, time just disappearing while we enjoyed the weather, sat on the cliffs and watched the sea.  We played on the rocks, went climbing, and had a rest on the beach at the other side :) an awesome way to spend a Sunday morning in my opinion!

After Thorwick we went for a drive and went looking for another beach - Vicky had been to Hunmanby before but never made it down as far as the sand, so we went to investigate :) I even got my toes out and went for a splash in the water - My God it was cold I'll tell ya!!
I wrote in the sand, because I could, and nearly killed Vicks trying to get us both in the photo!





And Vicky played in the sand too of course - she started building a sand snail, but unfortunately, and much to her disgust - the water crept up on her before she was finished!  I'm sure there will be a repeat, further away from the sea next time! :)


Anyway, this was only supposed to take ten minutes and then I was going for a bath - not sure I can be bothered now - that was ages ago!  One thing I have decided from today - I need to update more on my antics throughout the month so that I don't have as much to write at the end... 

Keep your eye on Vernon on Instagram at vernonsadventure - we are off to play again for the bank holiday weekend :) and I hope you're still watching #mycrazyreadinghabits :) my latest book - Macbeth.  The year 10's at school are doing it in English, and as I had ever read it before, figured I probably should so that I know what I'm rattling on about!

In final news - this months stay away food is Take Aways!  Wish me luck :)

Love ya's,
Louby x

No comments:

Post a Comment