Friday 16 May 2014

A visit to Wonderland

I know it's been a while since I wrote on here, and I'm afraid I don't even have a decent excuse!  I've just been too lazy :) But I will make up for it.  I am currently laid on the garden sofa under the gazebo in the sunshine - what a place to be eh?  I love this tie of year, the weather is finally starting to pick up, I can crack out the summer wardrobe, although mine is seriously on the low side - I feel a shopping trip coming on!!  Everyone is happier; the sun seems to lift everyone's mood :) and that is definitely a good thing!!

Anyway, back to the point - I spent the bank holiday weekend up at the caravan with Vicky again :) I spent the Friday night accompanied by Batman and Rainbowdash at the school stay awake and over a hundred kids!!  We had an awesome night - that ended with a few people getting pen on their faces because they dared to fall asleep - myself included!!  There were games, some cheating, a midnight movie (Frozen of course with a kick ass sing-a-long by the kids and staff alike), lots of sweets and a lot of screaming!!  By half past seven in the morning when Vicky came to pick me up I was buzzing a little to say the least!  

We headed home for my stuff then set out straight for Flanborough - the plan - to keep moving all day so that I didn't fall asleep! I didn't do bad to say I was working on around 36 hours with only about an hours sleep!  I made it through most of the day, playing nicely at the beach and then after we got wet at Thornwick and had to head back to the caravan to get changed... well I never resurfaced!  At about five in the evening I crashed!!
After a full night's sleep I was raring to go though and we spent the next two days being complete kids!  We played in the sand, yes 'we' - my childhood hatred of sand is disappearing quickly as I'm getting older and I spend just as much time on my hands and knees in the sand as Vicky does - she does still dish out the orders though and we made an awesome sandcastle on Bridlington beach!!
We went crabbing and played in the arcades ad just generally had kiddie fun :)  


We went to Thornwick and explored the Bay all over again, always finding something that we didn't find before.  Vernon was of course with me and enjoyed getting wet feet!  We even found a dragon egg :)  but it was a bit big to carry back up the cliff side so we had to leave it safe in the Bay.
On Monday we went back to Hunmanby Gap and played on the beach there - we built awesome sand ducks that took bloody ages I'll tell ya!  Vicky had fun drawing in the sand too - she finished up with a beautiful tribute to Elkie :)  While she was doing that, Vernon, Felix and I were playing in the sand, Vernon even got buried!!



After an awesome weekend it was back to work for four days :) 
 Then came the weekend... I got a text about going to Corp by the one person that I struggle to say no too!  Now if you've been reading long enough then you will know of my hatred for Corp, but I rounded up my sister and Tara, and headed out for a night out!  And to be fair - it was pretty awesome!  There was a lot of stupidity and fun, and the case of the cone and 3D glasses that went missing from my car!  But it was a great night - especially compared to the last time I was there!  
 


But to top it off, I got to see my Soldier, and he made my whole year!  He knows why, and so do those who know me well enough!  
So - here's to Wonderland!  Because that's where I am right now :)  I am the happiest I have been in a long time and it's all down to him - if you're reading this Solder, never forget it :)  

And today - is my Mommy's Birthday :) so now I am off to enjoy the sunshine and have a BBQ and fun times to celebrate with her.  Then she has an epic surprise coming on Sunday to celebrate in style because she has the most awesome daughter's ever!!  Love you Mommy xx

Til next time, (and I promise it won't be as long this time)
Louby x 


No comments:

Post a Comment