Saturday 14 September 2013

Sat in Isolation...

Sat covering Isolation at work and decided to write...  Its an existing character, can you work out who?

~~~~~~~

The eerie atmosphere settled in around me as I stood on the corner waiting for him to arrive.  I checked my watch; ten minutes late.  Time was quickly slipping away and I began to worry again.  I felt the panic rising and my palms began to get sweaty, glancing up at the inky black sky I noted the moon glowing brightly, the stars scattered sparsely behind it.  It would be full in two days time.  Looking round again I felt a chill run up my spine as a shadow crossed the open doorway not far from where I stood.  I checked my watch again.  It was late, why was there an open door on a run of shops that all closed before five in an attempt for the staff to get home before the rush hour traffic took hold of the city. 

The distinct sound of footsteps drawing closer snapped me out of my thought process.  I fought the instinct to turn around, knowing that the only person that would be approaching me would be the man I was waiting for.
“Sorry I’m late.”  His now familiar husky voice murmured in my ear as he walked past me and turned to face me. 
“It’s ok.”  I replied, looking up to meet his beautiful brown eyes staring down at me in adoration. 
His eyes bore into mine as if he was searching my sole.  As he studied my face his hands crept up around my waist, pulling me in closer until I could feel the warmth emanating from his body.  I let my hands return the favour and I slid them up the front of his shirt to be greeted by a hard wall of muscle.  He kept in shape; there wasn’t really a way for him not to in his life style; in our lifestyle.  I was going to have to get used to saying that.
“What will happen to me?”  I whispered into the darkness, knowing that he would understand.
“You’ve no need to worry, I promise everything will be ok.  You trust me yeah?”  Was his reply.
Every time I had asked I got the same response.  That I had no need to worry.  That he wouldn’t let anything happen to me.  That I’d be ok.  I never questioned him, I always gave him the same answer.
“Of course I do.”

It didn’t stop me worrying though, and as we parted ways; not being able to be seen together just yet, I felt my heart sink a little more.  He kissed me goodbye and I watched him as he walked away, back the way he’d come and around the corner at the far end of the block.  I held back the tears as the fear I felt for the upcoming events began to build again and made my way back home; hoping that everything would be ok like he promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment