Thursday 8 October 2015

Steampunk Dreamz

So, I know it has been a while, but when I saw that the theme over at Fantasy Stampers this fortnight was Steampunk, I decided that I would give it a go.  I love the ideas that Steampunk involves, and when researching it for some inspiration, loved the look of the projects that I found, so following this, decided to make something for my bedroom rather than just do a journal page.

Here is what I cam up with...

Different?!  That is what I was going for - I have used an idea I found on Pinterest - I'm afraid my imagination for coming up with these things is not great, but altered it to fit the theme and my bedroom!!

 The stamping is mainly on the cover of the book that creates the base of the project.  The background was created using inks and then the cover was created with a variety of stamps that I borrowed from Mum's stash!!

 The quote was from the Creative Impressions - Steampunk dreams set.  The giant set of cogs were also from this kit.  The smaller set of cogs in the bottom corner was from another Creative Impressions kit called Steampunk flowers.  Then there were two sets of 'freebie' stamps from the magazines that Mum buys, both of these kits are beautiful stamps and I used several from there, including the tiny set of three cogs that are in the background, and on the stars in the tree, the ruler on the spine, the ink blots and the image of the hand on the bottom of the spine.

I absolutely loved creating this project - even Daddy got involved.  The tree is made of copper wire, which Daddy provided and then tarnished after it was bent into its desired tree shape.  
The ornaments that hang from the tree are all taken from jewellery that I rescued from a charity shop when I went on a mission to find all the bits and pieces that I was going to need.  Overall, I think it was a success.  It now stands on the top of my bookshelf looking alternatively pretty!!

This project is being entered into Challenge #46 - Steampunk over at the Fantasy tampers Challenge Blog.  I hope you all love it as much as I do - or at least a little bit anyway :)

Louby xx

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning - great stamping and I love all the different elements hung from the copper tree branches. Thanx for playing along with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girly steampunk look, I love it! Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers challenge x

    ReplyDelete