Wednesday 20 August 2014

Cars; past and present!

Well, after several weeks of trying to fix my car we finally had to admit defeat and give it up as a bad job.  After deciding that it was scrap and that it could not be fixed, we set about selling it so that we could focus on finding a new one ready for going back to school on the 1st of September.  

So... on Sunday morning I cleared out my little trusty box of scrap metal of all my crap that I'd accumulated over the years and got her ready to sell.  By Sunday afternoon she was gone!  Picked up by some bloke who has the money to splash on her to fix her up.  As much as I was sad to see her go, I think I'm happier knowing that she will hopefully end up back on the road rather than pulled apart for parts and then cubed as scrap metal.  
I watched her leave with a little tear in my eye... lol, and then Daddy and I started looking for a new one!  Talk about fickle - soon forgot about her for a new one.

Moving to the present - I was rudely awoken this morning by a phone call that scared the crap out of me... Mum phoned to tell me that Daddy wanted to talk to me - she made it sound proper serious, and my sleep addled mind couldn't comprehend at first...  Anyway, it was to tell me about a car, explain the details and ask if I wanted it!  

Long story short - I now have a new car sat on the front!  I am not putting pictures up yet, as no joke; it is absolutely loppy - inside and out!!  So I have to get to it with a hoover, some soap and some air fresheners!!  When I have it all spruced up and looking more respectable I will get her photo up on here!  

What I can tell you, is that she has a name!!  The people I bought her from had named her Toni!  I think they intended on her being a boy, but there is something about Fiesta's that I feel is girly - so she is girl!

Let ya know when she's all spruced up :)
Louby x

No comments:

Post a Comment